10 April 2009

IMechE-UNITEN Student Chapter-The Journey So Far



My Fellow Mechanical Comrades,

The first time my team and I proposed the idea of this chapter, many people thought it will be a flop but time and time again, this chapter had proven to be one of the most active ones in the World. I always believe that the word "Impossible" only exists in the dictionary for fools and Impossible is nothing. IMechE-UNITEN Student Chapter has provided a platform to all mechanical engineering students of UNITEN to be exposed to professional engineering activities. In addition to that, the chapter had strengthen the bond between the students and the lecturers of Department of Mechanical Engineering. From the moment, the 122nd President of IMechE, Mr. John Baxter officiated the launch of the student chapter, we never look back or even take a breather. Instead, we kept on moving forward and had achieved a lot in the past year.

The committee which consists of dedicated and 'never say die' attitude members were the backbone behind all this success. I hereby congratulate and extend my heartfelt gratitude to all committee members 2008/2009 for their undivided support. Special thanks also to the advisors of the club which are Ass. Prof. Ir. Dr. Ramesh Singh, Dr. Norshah, Ass. Prof. Dr. Azree, Dr. Hanim and Dr. Tan Chou Yong for their time, support, dedication and sacrifices. I congratulate Nicholas Ong and his team, the new elect committtee. I strongly believe that Nicholas Ong and his team will bring the chapter to even much greater heights. Looking back at all the activities from the video, made me smile and realise that how time flies in just a blink of an eye. I hope that, each and everyone of you will keep the flag flying high and continue carrying the torch as this chapter has now capture the attention of every mechanical engineer around the globe. Before I take my bow, I hereby leave you guys with a pharse to ponder, "When you stare long enough into the dragon's eyes, there is nothing else you can do, but to slay the dragon. It is now the time for you to slay your own dragon!"

Dominic Hua
Immediate Past Chairman IMechE-UNITEN Student Chapter,
Committee Member Young Members Panel IMechE, Malaysia Branch

No comments: